Monday, August 28, 2006

CrossPit Report 8/28

Crosspit Rocked!

We ran 1 lap fast for warmup, came in and shadow boxed and did 4 laps of shrimping on the mat. Then Jason made us go out again and sprint to the end of the second building and back. Of course I was last and he yelled at me to SPRINT! Then we stretched and then we did inside defenses. Just 6 people in class, me, Jim the KM assassin, Mark, Chuck and two new girls. I paired up with Chuck and let Mark go with Jim because Chuck is new and Mark is probably (haha) a better matchup for Jim. The two new girls paired together.

Then we got to hit each other. No bas tapes, just partner A throws four punches then partner B immediately responds with 4 punches. Switch back and forth. J had to come tell me not to back up once.

I'm starting to feel better about throwing the combos but I'm still not very good at defending.

After the punching we did the workout.
3 rounds for time of
30 push press
30 box jumps
90 hard fast punches

There was no "pack version" just "maybe a difference in intensity." Well, he let us use lower weight. the guys were using 75#, and I had my bar set up for 55#. When we started I was able to do a set of 7 but I was having a hard time and I said, I might have to lose some of this weight, but he watched me do a couple reps and said, "No, you look like you are doing a good job with that weight. " grrrr

Jason had to call time at 15 minutes, because we had to finish before Kenpo. I only was able to complete 2 rounds plus about 15 push presses.

I started the 3rd set of push presses with 1 minute to go and put the weight down after 7 and then Jason came over and tells me 45 seconds. heh. So, I picked up the weight and got to 17 (I think) before time was called.

I really like the practice of mock sparring. I call it mock sparring because we take turns but we still get to throw real punches and try to hit eachother, and then defend really quickly. I think I'm getting better. It feels better. I do still sometimes back up but after a reminder, I think I do better. I hit chuck a couple of good ones to the face and I was using the MMA bag gloves because he had on my boxing gloves. He told me I hit solid and had good control, and Mark agreed that I could throw a nice hard punch... haha. I liked hearing that even though I know I still have a lot to learn.

Wednesday, I plan on going to Darby Darrow's RockPile to see some BJJ classes and maybe roll a littel bit? Darby said he would show me some elbow knee escapes and Kelly wants me to come up too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home