Tuesday, August 14, 2007

CrossPit 8/13/07

Jason was out today becoming a DAD! Congratulations Jason and Aileen.

Connor took his class.

Warmup was 1 lap (according to Kaitlin), because of traffic, I was late.

Skill: 3 very fun takedowns. One was a right followed by a fake left to a single leg takedown where you pick upthe lead leg of your partner. Second was a sprawl to guillotine choke off of a DL takedown attempt, the third was a switch thigh kick to a single leg take down wehre you push over your opponent when they defend against the thigh kicks. Hopefully Connor will post a better description. They were definitely fun techs and David and Connor were great at demo'ing.

Workout:

8 Rounds
1 min Push Press (75#)
1 min Straight Punches on Bag

Pack: 55#, Puppies 25#

The workout pretty much sucked. David and Connor walked around harassing us to keep going during the push presses ("I know none of you finished 30 reps! Pick up the bar!") and David was impishly "encouraging" us by constantly saying "You're all champs in my eyes! Keep going...You can do it."

Of course, I never take anything he says as straight so after class I asked why didn't he play with us tonight.

"I'm just the demo dummy!"
I said, "Don't you want me to choke you, D!"
"I'll be here next week, Laura. I'm here every week."
"Yeah but you never play."
"OK it's a date."
"I don't believe you. You don't even looks scared."
David shrugs.
"Well, since you fight Connor all the time I can see why, but since I can't hurt you, you just have to let me beat on you a bit."
*pregnant pause*
"Sounds pretty tame as far as first dates go."
Big grin...very charming boy. He's just turned 16.

hehe. That's gonna be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home